Show #89 - Soy and Compassion
February 18, 2010
Show 89 originally aired on November 19, 2009. We have two featured guests. The first is David Lovler, who grows his own soy beans and makes tofu, soy milk, miso, and yogurt out of it. David shares his extensive knowledge of soy and debunks some of the health myths surrounding soy. He also tells us his easy method for sprouting. Our second guest is Will DeVault-Weaver, who is a member of Cooks for Compassion, based in Amherst, MA. Cooks for Compassion serves high quality gourmet vegan meals and uses the proceeds to fund animal-friendly 501(c)3 non-profit organizations. We also feature a new segment with Ben Shaberman, author of The Vegan Monologues. Ben reads his essay "Vegetarian Guys Get the Girls".
- Silk discontinues use of organic beans
- New Guinean Cannibals Evolved Resistance To Mad Cow-Like Disease
- Senate Bill Would Require E. Coli Testing
- Thrive Foods Recalls Assorted Meat And Poultry Products Produced Without Inspection
- Sarah Palin takes aim at vegetarians in Going Rogue
- Elizabeth and Dennis Kucinich in DC promoting vegetarian lunch options
- Obesity, diabetes rates highest in South
Support Vegan Radio
Vegan Radio is a labor of love, depending entirely on listener donations. Thank you for helping to keep us on the air!